News: NBC Tweaks Fall Lineup
Among the more noteable:
* "Deal or No Deal" is out from the 8 pm Monday timeslot. It will be replaced with the new series "Chuck" which joins "Heroes" & "Journeyman." Mondays will be a night of sci-fi
* "The Biggest Loser" will be expanded to 1 1/2 hours, with the new reality show "The Singing Bee" to finish out block. "The Singing Bee" moves from Friday Night and "Chuck" moves to Mondays.
* NBC has signed fired "Grey's" actor Isaiah Washington for a guest role in "Bionic Woman."
* NBC also has signed a deal with producer Norman Lear ("All in the Family") to produce a one-hour dramedy (drama & comedy) called "Phenomenon"about a mother who re-enters the Wall Street workplace and finds herself pitted against her late husband's ruthless partner.
* NBC's premiere week is going to feature one hour episodes of "My Name Is Earl" and "The Office" on Thursday, Sept. 27, and a two-hour season premiere of "Las Vegas" on Friday, Sept. 28.
* NBC is signing Jerry Seinfeld for a guest appearance on the season premiere of "30 Rock." Mr. Seinfeld, whose interstitials promoting his upcoming "Bee Movie" will air on the network this fall, will play himself on the half-hour comedy.
* NBC Universal announced "Green Is Universal," a week long programming initiative where shows across the company's platforms will adopt environmental themes.
Labels: director's cut