CLEVELAND -- Police are suggesting the following traffic tips to help alleviate problems before and after Wednesday's wild card game:
- Arrive downtown early.
- Utilize public transportation such as buses and the rapid transit system.
- If driving is necessary or desirable, plan a travel route into and out of the city and have a secondary route in mind.
- Familiarize yourself with downtown parking garages and surface lots -- understand that the lots nearest the ballpark generally fill up first.
- Abide by parking prohibitions (street parking is illegal on streets adjacent to Progressive Field before, during and immediately after each game).
- Be aware of increased pedestrian traffic particularly around the Gateway complex.
The Bureau of Traffic will supplement their customary allotment of traffic enforcement officers with additional police officers and traffic controllers to facilitate traffic into and out of downtown and to assist with pedestrian traffic.
In addition, numerous officers will be detailed to the area during the event for added security and crowd control.