CLEVELAND -- Traffic could be tight getting into downtown Cleveland on Sunday -- both the Indians and Browns are playing at 1 p.m.
Extra traffic control officers will be working downtown to help with traffic and crowds.
Here are a few tips from police to help those heading downtown:
· Arrive downtown early
· Utilize public transportation such as buses and the rapid transit system
· If driving is necessary or desirable plan a travel route into and out of the city and have a secondary route in mind
· Familiarize yourself with downtown parking garages and surface lots - understand that the lots nearest the ballpark generally fill up first
· Abide by parking prohibitions (street parking is illegal on streets adjacent to Jacob's Field before, during and immediately after each game)
· Be aware of increased pedestrian traffic particularly around Progressive Field and First Energy Stadium
· Put Your Junk in Your Trunk (Don't leave items in plain view)
To help alleviate any potential commuting headaches, the Cleveland Police Department has released a guide on alternative routes to get you in and out of downtown a tad faster.
Alternative inbound route(s) for Indians game:
- Innerbelt (I-90) to E. 14th Street to Euclid to E. 13 Street northbound to Superior.
- I-90 ramps East or West to Prospect Avenue westbound; this street will be sign and no parking will be allowed in this area.
- Route 2 eastbound or W. 25th Street northbound to I-90 or I-71 to W. 25th Street to Superior Bridge to West Huron.
Alternative outbound route(s) for Indians game:
- Superior to E. 13th Street southbound to Euclid to E. 14th to the Innerbelt (I-90).
- E. 18th Street southbound from all major streets running East and West to Carnegie westbound to the inner belt ramps at E. 14th.
- Prospect Avenue eastbound to I-90 ramps East or West; this street will be sign and no parking will be allowed in this area for this event.
- West Huron to Superior Bridge to W. 25th Street, Route 2 westbound or W. 25th Street southbound to I-90 or I-71.
Alternative inbound route(s) for Browns game:
- Route 2, I-90 or I-71 via eastbound I-90 to E. 55th Street to N. Marginal westbound.
- Route 2, I-90 or I-71 via eastbound I-90 to E. 55th Street to S. Marginal westbound.
- W. 9th Street to Superior.
- I-90 ramps East or West to Superior westbound to E. 9th.
- I-90 East to W. 117th northbound to Clifton Avenue to Route 2.
- I-90 East or West to Euclid or Prospect, to Superior to E. 14th or E. 18th northbound.
Alternative outbound route(s) for Browns game:
- N. Marginal to E. 55th Street to freeway ramps Route 2, I-90 or I-71 via westbound I-90.
- S. Marginal to E. 55th Street to freeway ramps Route 2, I-90 or I-71 via westbound I-90.
- W. 9 Street to Superior across bridge to W. 25th to Route 2 westbound or W. 25 Street southbound to I-90 or I71.
- E. 9th to Superior eastbound to I-90 ramps East or West.
- Route 2 westbound to Clifton to W. 117 southbound to I-90 East or West.
- E. 14th or E. 18th southbound to Superior, Euclid or Prospect to I-90 East or West.