CLEVELAND -- Your traffic updates and information for Wednesday, June 26, 2013 from WTAM 1100 Total Traffic and WKYC.
7:23 a.m.: UPDATE FROM RTA: "The Red Line is running between Brookpark and Windermere. The only segment that is still closed, and continues to be served by buses, is between the airport and Brookpark. Customers heading to the airport should plan a little extra time. When we have any updates they will be shared."
7:21 a.m.: Cleveland: Car into pole accident on W 84th St at Detroit Ave
7:02 a.m.: Solon: Disabled truck partially blocking lane on Rt 422 EB near Harper Rd
6:24 a.m.: Note on Macedonia "bridge collapse"... it is not a full collapse. Police say some rubble was seen falling from the bridge, so engineers advised the city to close Ledge as a precaution. It was first reported to police at 11 a.m. Tuesday and relayed to the media this morning.
6:22 a.m.: Rt 83 closed south of Lorain Rd due to accident. Reports of high water in the area as well.
6:01 a.m.: Macedonia: Ledge Rd closed both EB/WB west of N Bedford Rd. The overhead rail-road bridge has partially collapsed onto the roadway. The road is closed until further notice.
5:35 a.m.: Cleveland: Vehicle spun out Rt 2/West Shoreway EB after Edgewater Park Dr
5:09 a.m.: Lorain: Hwy 252 closed both NB/SB between Snell Rd and Sprague Rd due to flooding
5:07 a.m.: Lakewood: Clifton Blvd EB blocked between Nicholson Ave and Cove Ave due to storm damage.
4:15 a.m.: Valley View: Canal Rd blocked both NB/SB between Alexander Rd/E Pleasant Valley Rd and Tinkers Creek Rd due to fallen power cables
3:18 a.m.: Brooklyn: Ridge Road closed at Biddulph. Biddulph partially closed from Ridge to Roadoan. Check out our photo gallery of viewer-submitted pics to see some flooding in Brooklyn.
2:30 a.m.: Metroparks Rangers report the Valley Parkway in Fairview Park is closed from Wooster/Lorain to Puritas due to flooding. The river ford gates are closed throughout the parkway.
12:28 a.m.: Valley View: Canal Road closed from Rockside to Stone due to sinkhole and possible landslide conditions
• Medina County: Eastbound down to ONE LANE from S.R. 57 to Medina/Summit county line through Sept. 2013
• Wadsworth: EB on-ramp closed at Rt 261 through October.
• Canton: Roadway reduced to two lanes NB/SB between Tuscarawas/Stark County Line and Fohl St/Exit 99 through September for road resurfacing.
• Ashtabula County: Various LANE RESTRICTIONS eastbound and westbound east of S.R. 84 (Conneaut River bridge) to PA state line until Oct. 2013
• Lorain County: Down to TWO LANES EB & WB, east of S.R. 57 through Nov. 2013
• Avon/Westlake: Down to TWO LANES EB, from S.R. 83 to Crocker/Bassett roads
• Harvard Ave/Harvard Rd bridge closed EB/WB between E 100th St and E 103rd St. through October 2013 as crews replace the bridge structure over the railroad tracks. Drivers will be detoured via East 93rd Street, Miles Avenue and Martin Luther King Jr. Drive to avoid the closure.
• EASTBOUND TRAFFIC ONLY on Cedar Ave. from E. 89th St. to MLK Jr. Dr.; westbound traffic detours to Carnegie Ave. until June 2014
• E. 21st St. on ramp to I-77 SB CLOSED until both Innerbelt Bridges are completed (approx. 2016)
• Ontario St. on ramp to Innerbelt south/west CLOSED until late July 2013
• Abbey Ave. exit from Innerbelt south/west CLOSED until late 2013
• Memorial Pkwy. will be reduced to one lane in each direction at the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railway bridge, west of Hickory St., until approximately April 19, 2013, in preparation for replacement of the bridge.
• Akron: Road reconstruction scheduled to leave one lane getting by in each direction through late July on W. Wilbeth Rd, both EB/WB between S Manchester Rd Byp and Dallas Ave
Other Construction Notes
• Westlake: Bridge demolition work on Detroit Rd in both directions, west of Clague Rd. Bridge Replacement over Sperry Creek scheduled to leave only one lane getting by in each direction through late October.
• Canton: Dueber Ave SW closed in both directions over I 77 (US 62) for bridge repairs through late June. The detour is Bolivar Rd to Sherman Church Ave to SR 627.
• Gates Mills/Mayfield Heights: Mayfield Rd closed WB between County Line Rd and Rt 91/Som Center Rd until July.
• Dover: W Wilbeth Rd EB/WB down to one lane in each direction between S Manchester Rd Byp and Dallas Ave through late July
• Macedonia: Highland Rd. EB/WB CLOSED west of Roll And Hold Pkwy. for work on railroad tracks though mid-Oct. 2013
• Avon: Lear Nagle Rd. CLOSED NB/SB on I-90 overpass for new interchange construction through Sept. 2013
• Mentor: Heisley Rd. (S.R. 44) CLOSED over S.R. 2 through mid-Oct. 2013; expect periodic daily LANE CLOSURES on S.R. 2 under Heisley Rd. during off-peak travel hours