Summit County: Gas leak blamed for house fire

8:37 PM, Dec 5, 2012   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

NEW FRANKLIN -- The New Franklin Fire Department was called at 3:24 Wednesday for a house fire at 417 Ott Drive.

The first fire units arrived within five minutes and found heavy fire venting from the roof of the structure. The fire was brought under control at 3:50 p.m.

New Franklin firefighters were assisted by firefighters from Clinton, Coventry Township, Canal Fulton, and Jackson Township.

A man in the house suffered minor injuries and was evaluated at the scene by New Franklin paramedics.

Fire investigators on the scene determined that the fire was caused by a gas leak within the structure.

Damage to the structure and contents is estimated to be $100,000.

WKYC-TV

Most Watched Videos