Saul Loeb, AFP/Getty Images
CLEVELAND -- The Obama Campaign event on Friday in Krenzler Field at Cleveland State University will result in the following changes to traffic and parking on campus:
City of Cleveland street closures and traffic changes
- East 18th is now closed from Payne Avenue to Chester until late evening of Friday
- East 18th will be closed from Rockwell to Chester
- Payne Avenue will be closed from East 18th to East 22nd
- Chester Avenue will be closed completely from East 21st to East 18th
- Chester Avenue will be closed to westbound traffic from East 24th to East 21st Street
- Northbound traffic will be permitted on East 22nd up until Chester Ave. At that point, vehicle traffic will be directed eastbound only on Chester Ave.
CSU Parking changes:
- The Viking Loop will NOT be running.
- Friday is designated as a Special Event Parking Day so prepaid hangtag holders may park in any prepaid parking location, so Green and White hangtag parking location restrictions will be lifted for the entire day (from 5 a.m. until 11:59 pm).
- Prospect and South Garages will be have normal operation.West Garage (WG) is RESERVED for VISITOR DISABLED PARKING who must present an Official Event Ticket and a State issued disabled placard West Garage will be CLOSED TO CSU PREPAID HANGTAG HOLDERS.
- CSU Prepaid hangtag holders who normally park in WG should plan on parking elsewhere.Vehicles will be able to access Main Classroom garage (MG) and Lot 22 from Euclid.
- There will be no vehicle traffic permitted on 19th street. The 19th street exit to Central Garage (CG) will be closed.
- All CG and Lot 22 patrons must exit the garages at East 21st Street heading southbound toward Euclid Ave. Access to Central Garage will be from East 22nd, traveling underneath the Student Center and across East 21st.
- Flaggers will be on site to guide traffic.
- Central Garage (CG), Main Classroom Garage (MG), and East Garage (EG) will be open for both prepaid/scratch off hangtag holders and visitors.
- The visitor parking rate will be charged ($10) at these locations. Parking lots north of Chester (57, 54, 51, 50, 10 and 11) will remain CSU Prepaidparking only.Pay-per-hour locations (South Garage, Lot 22) and metered parking on campus will have normal operations and CSU Parking rules & regulations will be enforced.