How often do you experience these symptoms?
N=Never S=Sometimes O=Often A=Always
1. I get blurred vision N S O A
2. I lose my concentration while reading N S O A
3. I fall asleep while reading N S O A
4. I have double vision N S O A
5. I close one eye while reading N S O A
6. My eyes feel tired by day's end N S O A
7. I get tired when working at a computer N S O A
8. Printed words run together N S O A
9. Working at a computer for a few hours
gives me a headache N S O A
10. I feel that my eyes aren't working
together. N S O A
11. Print starts to look blurry after a while N S O A
12. I get car sick N S O A
13. I often fall asleep while reading N S O A
14. I skip or repeat lines when reading N S O A
If you answered "Often" or "Always" frequently, this is a good indicator that you suffer from asthenopia, the medical term for eyestrain. Clusters of "Sometimes" may also indicate a problem.
Other symptoms of eye strain include neck or shoulder tension, back pain, and irritability when using a computer. Discuss your symptoms with your eye doctor.