You can watch the entire address by clicking the video link at right.
Among other topics, Mayor Frank Jackson brought up the following during his State of the City address:
- He's instructed city workers to find $15 million in budget cuts
- He vows that the city will begin labor negotiations this year
- He thinks health care costs will continue to rise for city workers
- He wants to eliminate income tax abatement
- Talking regionalism, Jackson wants cities in the region to share tax revenue gained by taking business away from other local communities
- He spoke of a regional approach to eduction, first looking at financial savings for school districts
- He said that 35 security personnel will be added to patrol Cleveland Schools starting March 1
- 15 of those 35 security officers will directly guard schools, the rest will be part of a gang task force
We broadcasted and webcasted the address live on WKYC-TV and the live video page on wkyc.com.