CUYAHOGA COUNTY -- The Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner released a preliminary 2013 mid-year statistical report Tuesday on heroin-related deaths in Cuyahoga County.
Medical Examiner-ruled heroin-related deaths through June 30, 2013
- 97 ruled cases in Cuyahoga County
- 27 ruled cases were female, 70 ruled cases were male
- 27.84 percent of heroin-related deaths in Cuyahoga County are female
- 86.6 percent of heroin-related deaths in Cuyahoga County are white
- 47 heroin-related deaths were residents of the City of Cleveland, or 48.43 percent
- 46 heroin-related deaths were residents of suburban communities, or 47.42 percent
- 4 heroin-related deaths were from outside of the county
Projections for 2013 are between 190-199 heroin-related deaths.
Annual statistical data reports from the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner's Office are available online
"Heroin-related deaths" means that heroin or the proper combination of metabolites were present and were a direct or supporting cause of the ruled death.