CHAGRIN FALLS -- Road closures caused by the recent storm damage slowed fire crews as they raced to a garage fire in Russell overnight.
The fire on County Line Road was reported at about 2:30 Wednesday morning.
It started when the homeowner ran his generator inside of the garage, catching the garage on fire, officials said.
Investigators are ruling the fire accidental and nobody was injured.
Chagrin Falls provides fire protection service for several Chagrin Valley communities, including South Russell and Russell Township.
Road closures along Fairmount Road, among others, forced fire crews to take detours, slowing their arrival time by about 10 minutes, officials said.