COLUMBUS-- The Ohio National Guard says the remains of three soldiers killed in an attack in Afghanistan last week are on their way home to central Ohio.
The guard says an honorable transfer ceremony will be conducted at Rickenbacker Air National Guard Base in Columbus Saturday afternoon.
National guard soldiers and airmen, including full military honor guard details, will help transfer the remains from a guard plane to hearses taking the remains to area funeral homes.
The attack killed 36-year-old Capt. Nicholas Rozanski of Dublin, 45-year-old Sgt. 1st Class Jeffrey Rieck of Columbus and 44-year-old Sgt. 1st Class Shawn Hannon of Grove City.
The soldiers died in a suicide bomber attack that killed at least 13 people and wounded at least four more guardsmen.
The Associated Press