COLUMBUS -- Ohio's attorney general says a grand jury investigating possible additional charges in the rape of a 16-year-old girl last summer won't hear from witnesses for about two weeks after it is convened Monday.
Attorney General Mike DeWine says the delay relates to his office's continuing evaluation of evidence.
DeWine says the decision was made to get the seating of the grand jury out of the way first.
A judge last month convicted two Steubenville high school football players of raping the girl after an alcohol-fueled party in August.
DeWine said Thursday the grand jury will explore whether other laws were violated and could result in more charges or none at all.
AP Legal Affairs Writer
The Associated Press