CINCINNATI -- Four workers injured earlier this year when a floor collapsed at the construction site of Cincinnati's first and only casino have filed a lawsuit against the project's builders.
The lawsuit accuses the construction firms of neglecting safety to get the project done on time, including ordering workers to pour concrete in unsafe and rainy weather.
The lawsuit says the four workers were seriously injured, suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder and are in financial ruin as a result of the Jan. 27 collapse.
The men are seeking a jury trial and unspecified damages.
A spokeswoman with Cincinnati-based Messer Construction Company, the site's general contractor and one of the companies named in the lawsuit, says she can't comment on pending litigation.
The casino's owner didn't respond to a request for comment.
AMANDA LEE MYERS
The Associated Press