CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Former Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland tells the crowd at the Democratic National Convention Tuesday that if Mitt Romney were Santa, he would "fire the reindeer and outsource the elves."
Here are some quotes from Strickland's speech:
- "All over Ohio, men and women are going back to work with the pride of building something stamped 'Made in America!'"
- "Before Barack Obama took office, it looked like that pride could have vanished forever. But today, from the staggering depths of the great recession, the nation has had 29-straight months of job growth! The auto industry is standing today. The middle class is standing today. Ohio is standing today. America is standing strong today!"
- "Barack Obama has stood up for us, and now, by God, we will stand up for him!"
- "Mitt Romney never saw the point of building something when he could profit by tearing it down. If Mitt was Santa Claus, he would fire the reindeer and outsource the elves. Mitt has so little economic patriotism, that even his money needs a passport -- it's summers on the beaches of the Cayman Islands and winters on the slopes of the Swiss Alps."
- "Mitt Romney is an outsourcing pioneer. My friends, the stakes are too high, the differences too stark to sit this one out. So let us stand as one on November the sixth and move this country forward by re-electing President Barack Obama!"