The FBI and U.S. Attorney detailed the basic points of a foiled plot to bomb the Route 3 Brecksville High Level Bridge. The 21-page criminal complaint unveils much more information on the five men arrested including plans to recruit more people.
Read the entire criminal complaint (PDF) involving Wright, Baxter, and Hayne.
Read the entire criminal complaint (PDF) involving Stafford and Stevens.
According to the complaint:
- Paid $900 to the undercover agent for the two fake bombs
- Attempted to recruit new members at various area protests
- Planned to recruit new members at homeless shelters on the east side of Cleveland
- Considered other targets including a hospital or bank or Cleveland casino opening
- Considered attack in tunnels underneath Cleveland
Photos: 5 arrested in Brecksville bridge plot