AKRON -- Starting 2 a.m. Monday April 23, I-277 eastbound between I-76 (Kenmore Leg) to I-77 will be CLOSED for 28 days for resurfacing, according to the Ohio Department of Transportation District 4.
The detour is I-76 (Kenmore Leg) to I-76 east/ I-77 south to I-77 south to I-277 west.
In addition, the entrance ramp from East Avenue to I-76 east/I-77south is closed through late May. The detour is Morse Rd. west to Hawkins Ave. north to SR 261 west.
The following ramp closures will occur once I-277 closes. These closures will also be in place for 28 days:
- I-76 west (Kenmore Leg) to I-277 east. The detour is I-76/US 224 west to SR 21 north.
- I-277 west to I-76 east (Kenmore Leg). The detour is I-76/US 224 west to SR 21 north.
- Entrance ramp from 22nd Street to I-76 west. I-77 south to I-76 west (Kenmore Leg). The detour is I-76 east to I-77 south to I-277 west.
- The entrance ramp from Grant Street to I-76 east/I-77 south. The detour is Grant St. north to Thornton St. west to Main St. south.
- The entrance ramp from SR 619/Wooster Rd. to I-76/US 224 east. The detour is Kenmore Blvd. east.
- The entrance ramp from SR 93/Manchester Rd. to I-277 east. The detour is Waterloo Rd. east.
- The entrance ramp from South Main St. to I-277 east. The detour is Waterloo Rd. east.
This work is part of $13.2 million project to resurface I-277, I-76 and US 224 from the Kenmore Leg to I-77 and continuing on US 224 to just east of Kelly Avenue, along with various bridge work to 18 structures.
The entire project is scheduled for completion in August 2013.