EASTLAKE -- The Willoughby-Eastlake School Board has accepted the resignation of Eastlake North High School social studies teacher Ryan Tyna.
The board had put Tyna, 42, of Hudson, on leave Feb. 25 after Willoughby police arrested him and 11 others in a prostitution sting.
He pleaded not guilty at his first court appearance and his pretrial is scheduled for March 21 in Willoughby Municipal Court.
Willoughby Police detectives put an ad on a website often used by prostitutes. The ad offered adult services for a special rate of $100 for a half hour with a 20-year-old female, police said in a release.
All 12 men were arrested without incident after entering the hotel room, police said. Each man was charged with soliciting and criminal tools, both misdemeanors, and each posted bond of $404.
Tyna and the 11 other men have pleaded not guilty. His pretrial hearing is scheduled for March 21.
On Feb. 21 and 22, the Willoughby Police department conducted the sting at an undisclosed Willoughby hotel.
In addition to Tyna, the following men were all arrested and charged and have their pretrials scheduled in Willoughby Municipal Court:
- Timothy D. Asberry, 54, of Willoughby Hills
- Bert M. Brown, 55, of Beachwood
- Ramone A. Davis, 26, of Cleveland
- Gurinder S. Gill, 31, of North Royalton
- Nagi J. Haddad, 55, of Rocky River
- Byran Hess, 51, of Cuyahoga Falls
- Raymond T. Kern, 50, of Mentor
- Eugene Preston, 38, of Beachwood
- Johannes Reinhard, 64, of Palm Beach, FL.
- Efren Romero, 41, of Painesville
- Richard M. Salajcik, 47, of Eastlake