The deadline to file taxes this year is April 18. Only a few Northern Ohio post offices will be open late today for tax filers to meet the April 18 deadline. They are:
- Akron Post Office only until 10 p.m. at 675 Wolf Ledges Parkway
- Cleveland Post Office UNTIL MIDNIGHT at 2400 Orange Avenue. Please Note: At 3:30 p.m., the traffic flow in the customer parking will be reversed to accommodate the anticipated increased customer volume. Curbside collectors will be working until midnight to accept prepared returns with postage already affixed.
- Canton Post Office only until 7 p.m. at 2650 Cleveland Avenue N.W.
- Youngstown Post Office only until 5 p.m. at 99 South Walnut Street
- Mansfield Post Office only until 6 p.m. at 200 North Diamond Street
- Findlay Post Office only until 5 p.m. at 229 W. Main Street
All other Post Offices, stations and branches will be open their normal hours. Need help finding a post office?
Customers who mail their returns during the day April 18 should check with their local Post Office or read the posted times on the collection box to make sure that their tax return will be collected and postmarked before the deadline.
Also, any letters or packages weighing 13 ounces or more must be brought to a Post Office and personally handed to a postal employee.
According to the IRS, about 58 percent of tax returns last year were filed via the Internet.
However, the U.S. Postal Service still expects to see people across Northern Ohio rushing to the Post Office at the final hours to have their tax returns postmarked and mailed before the April 18 Midnight deadline.