Joe Horvath: Tomato Garlic Soup 7/30/13
9:55 AM, Jul 30, 2013
Tomato Garlic Soup
- 2 white onion
- 3 heads garlic, peeled
- 3 large tomatoes
- 2 T butter
- 4 sprigs lemon thyme
- 1 c white wine
- ½ loaf day old bread
- 2 c vegetable stock
- 3 c heavy cream
- Peel and julienne white onion and mince garlic
- In a medium stock pot, over medium heat, add butter, garlic and onions.
- Next, small dice the tomato and add to pot with thyme
- Once veggies have simmered for 15-20 minutes, tear bread into pot.
- Deglaze pan with the white wine, and let cook down for another 2-3 minutes.
- Then add your vegetable stock and cream, let simmer for 20-30 minutes adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Puree in blender and serve either chilled or hot!