Orzo Tomato Risotto
1# Cooked Orzo
1# Cherry Tomatoes
1 Sprig Rosemary (finely chopped)
3T Vegetable Oil
3T Olive Oil
1 cup Grated Parmesan Reggiano
1 Onion Finely Diced
2 Cloves Garlic
1 Cup dry white wine (Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio)
1 Cup Pasta Water
1T Basil thinly sliced
1. Toss tomatoes, rosemary, and vegetable oil in a bowl, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Set aside.
2. Put olive oil, onions, and garlic in a large pan or pot. Sweat in oil for 2 minutes try to get any color on the vegetables.
3. Add wine and let it reduce by ½.
4. Add Orzo and roasted tomatoes to the pan. Let it cook for two minutes, add pasta water, and continuously stir until it starts to get creamy.
5. Stir in parmesan cheese and serve in bowl.
6. Sprinkle with chopped basil. Serve with white wine.