Refried Black Beans
1 teaspoon chipotle en adobo chopped
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 large white onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 garlic clove, minced
1T Green onion, chopped
1T Cilantro, chopped
1# cooked(or canned) black beans (reserve cooking liquid)
2T vegetable oil or butter
1. Melt oil or butter in a deep sauce pan.
2. Add the onion, garlic, and spices, and sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Add beans and 1 cup liquid.
4. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Mash with a fork or spoon until thick.
6. Add green onions and cilantro.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
7 Layer Dip
1# Refried Beans
½ cup Diced Tomato
2T Black Olives, Sliced
1 cup Chihuaha Cheese (substitute Monterey Jack), grated
14 oz. Can Green Chilis, chopped
1 cup Crema (subtitute sour cream)
1 cup Iceberg Lettuce, thinly sliced
1. Line bottom of casserole dish with refried beans.
2. Put a layer of green chilis.
3. Spread a layer of crema
4. Scatter tomatoes and black olives
5. Scatter lettuce
6. Scatter cheese
7. Serve with tortilla chips and red beer.
1 bottle Corona (or any Mexican lager)
3 drop Mexican hot sauce (Tapatio)
½ cup Clamato
Mix all ingredients, serve VERY cold.