3 cups water
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp Maggi brand soy sauce
2 tsp granulated garlic
2 tsp granulated ginger
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp sesame oil
12 oz chicken breast, sliced into thin, bite-size pieces
1 cup broccoli, cut and blanched
½ cup zucchini, cut into ¼" think coins
½ cup carrot, julienned
½ cup red bell pepper, diced
½ cup onion, julienned
2 tsp garlic, minced
1 tbsp scallion
2 tbsp cornstarch slurry (equal parts cornstarch & water)
1 tbsp canola oil
- Make the sauce by combining all ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet.
- Sear the chicken using very high heat and sauté until lightly browned on the outisde.
- Add garlic and continue to sauté until garlic is lightly browned.
- Add stir-fry sauce and allow to come to light simmer, mixing chicken to cook evenly.
- Add broccoli, zucchini, carrot, red bell pepper onion and bring to boil.
- Add cornstarch slurry and continue to cook until sauce has thickened to a gravy-like consistency.
- Top with scallion and serve with steamed rice.