Vietnamese Noodle Salad with Peanuts
Thin rice noodles, boiled and strained - 4 cups
Flank steak, thinly sliced - 12 oz
Iceberg lettuce, shredded - 2 cups
Bean sprouts - 1 cup
Cucumber, cut into matchsticks - 1/2 cup
Pickled carrot - 1/2 cup
Thai basil, finely chopped - 2 tbsp
Cilantro, finely chopped - 2 tbsp
Roasted peanuts, coarsely crushed - 4 tbsp
Scallion, chopped - 2 tbsp
White onion, sliced - 1/2 cup
Lemongrass, minced - 1 tbsp
Garlic, minced - 2 tsp
Fish sauce vinaigrette - 1 cup
- Boil rice noodles until soft. Strain and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, bean sprouts, cucumber, Thai basil and cilantro.
- Place rice noodles on top of salad mixture.
- Stir-fry flank steak in a large wok or frying pan on very high heat, 1-2 minutes.
- Add onion, lemongrass and garlic to wok/frying pan. Stir-fry 1-2 more minutes.
- Place cooked flank steak on top of noodles.
- Top with pickled carrot, peanuts and scallion.
- Pour vinaigrette onto entire salad bowl and mix thoroughly.