Item: Pumpkin Strongalopretti
- 1 ½ cups roasted pumpkin
- 2 TBS of brodo
- ½ cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 quarts of crust less bread shredded in the Cuisinart
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup marscapone cheese
- 1 quart flour for dusting
- 1 TSP butter
- 1 TSP beef fat (or bacon renderings or butter
- ½ bunch parsley
- 1 TBS bread crumbs to finish
- 1 TBS Pecorino cheese to finish
- Puree pumpkin, parmesan cheese, and brodo
- Add purred pumpkin mixture to stand up mixer with paddle attachment, mix on speed 1 add eggs to mixture one at a time until incorporated
- Add marscapone cheese and shredded bread.
- Allow to mix for about 5 minutes
- With a tablespoon, scoop pumpkin mixture, roll into balls and coat with flower
- Place balls on a cookie sheet and place in freezer until frozen
- To serve, place a pot filled with water on the stove, bring to a boil
- Place frozen balls in the boiling water and cook for approximately 8 minutes or until balls float.
- In a separate pan on medium heat, combine butter and drawn beef fat and allow to brown. Add strongalopretti to pan and cook on medium heat for 3 minutes. Add parsley to the pan, toss, and remove from heat.
- Finish with bread crumbs and pecorino
This recipe is the property of Chef Jonathon Sawyer