1 whole chicken
2 T Olive Oil
1 white onion
2 piece of celery
fresh ramen noodles (from Ohio City pasta)
dried corn and peas
Garnish with dried corn and peas, slurp and enjoy.
- Roast whole chicken in a 400 oven until it is cooked throughout, about 1 ½ hours depending on size of chicken.
- While the chicken is cooking cut the carrot, onion and celery into 1/2 inch pieces and set them aside.
- Pull chicken meat from the bone, shredding it into bite size pieces and set aside. Do not throw away the skin, bones or any other waste.
- In a medium pot pour enough olive oil to cover the bottom. Add the veggies and cook over medium heat until they start to become soft and brown on the outside. Add the chicken bones and scraps and cover them with 4-6 cups of water. Let simmer for about 2 hours. When finished strain the bones and veggies from the stock using a colander.
- Place back into the pot, and add the chicken meat (keep the pot on low heat to keep it hot and warm the chicken).
- Now in a small pot bring some water to a slow boil, cook ramen in boiling water for 1- 1 ½ minutes. When they are finished strain them, ladle the chicken stock and chicken into a bowl and add the noodles. Give the bowl a little stir to mix the noodles with the chicken.