Goat Cheese & Morel Raviolini
8 egg yolks
185 grams 00 flour, or all purpose flour
65 grams semolina flour
1 ½ tsp evoo
1 ½ tsp water
½ c morels, finely chopped
½ c Mckenzie Creamery goat cheese
¼ c Formage Blanc (recipe follows), or substitute ricotta
4 oz brodo, or chicken stock
1 patty pan squash
1 piece asparagus, cut into thirds
2 woodear mushrooms
1 tbsp butter
1 sprig parsley
Purchasing and Prep
- Combine 00 flour & semolina flour in a food processor, add yolks one at a time, combining thoroughly each time. Wile mixing drizzle in olive oil and water. Pulse until combined. Roll dough onto floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes, until soft and springy. Let rest 30 min.
- Mix together the goat cheese, formage blanc, & chopped morels.
- On the thickest setting of your pasta roller, Roll dough through, fold, rotate, and roll again.
- Run dough through each setting, progressing down to #2 on the dial.
- On one side of the dough, place rounded teaspoons of filling about 1 inch apart.
- Using a pastry brush, wet the edges of the dough around the filling with water.
- Fold top half of dough over the filling and press to seal. Try to remove as much air as possible. Cut the raviolini apart at the seams.
- Cook raviolini in a pot of boiling water for about 3 min, or until they are tender and begin to float.
- In a sauté pan heat the squash, mushroom and asparagus in the brodo.
10. Add butter and parsley
11. Season to taste with salt & pepper and Enjoy.
4 c whole milk
1 c heavy cream
½ Tbs salt
1/8 c lemon juice
3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
Purchasing and Prep
- Combine milk, cream, artichoke, and salt.
- Slowly bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- When it begins to boil, add lemon juice, remove from heat and stir twice.
- Let sit 30 minutes,
- Remove majority of curd with slotted spoon and place into colander
- Let rest in colander for 30 minutes
- Add olive oil and season to taste
This recipe is the property of Chef Jonathon Sawyer