WKYC seeks a Business Manager to provide financial support, including a full range of financial analysis and reporting for the station. This position is responsible for handling accurately and expeditiously the station's accounting work and to assist the general manager in the financial analysis and control of station operations. The position reports to the President and General Manager.
- Serve as business partner with President & General Manager. Conduct and initiate special studies and financial business plans in collaboration with department management.
- Analyze current and prospective operations to identify opportunities to drive revenue, reduce expenses, create efficiencies and establish strategic partnerships.
- Design and provide ad hoc reports, weekly revenue and flash reports, regulatory reports and financial models.
- Communicate and make presentations to management of analysis and financial/ business plans. Provide key performance metrics.
- Prepare and manage the budget and flash process including but not limited to: revenue and expense trending, variance reporting, product P & L's and capital requests.
Manage, motivate, hire, assign and monitor work, train and mentor staff.
- Manage and oversee day-to-day functions of general accounting ensuring and enforcing compliance with all company, state, federal and banking requirements/ regulations. Establishes, modifies documents and implement accounting and control procedures for compliance with SOX, F/ARM and GAAP. Maintain accuracy and integration of financial numbers.
- Assist in month-end closing process and subsequent reserves/ balance sheet analysis.
- Assist in the development of business policies.
- Minimum of 4 year Degree in Business or Accounting with 5+ years experience in financial management including budget development, capital asset development, and auditing standards.
- Proficient PC skills including Microsoft applications Excel and Word
- Position requires excellent leadership, planning, communication, organizational, problem solving and decision-making, skills and a comprehensive, in-depth knowledge of accounting principles, controls, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Strong ethical standards and integrity are a must
To be considered a candidate for an opening at WKYC - you need to complete the online application through the link for this position. (Found at: wkyc.com/company/jobs) Paper resumes or any electronic information received that does not come through the online application process will not be considered part of the applicant pool.
For further information, contact: PaShon Mann
Director, Talent Acquisition
Gannett Corporate Human Resources