Fleming's Fall Prix Fixe Menu
Offering Three Tantalizing Courses for $39.95
Fleming's Fall Prix Fixe Menu celebrates the flavorful bounty of the season and offers a selection of innovative entrées that brings out the very best of the autumn harvest. Guests can enjoy this limited-time three-course menu with family and friends at an affordable price, only $39.95 per person.
The recipes below create the Filet Mignon Brochette entrée option, which includes shallots, mushrooms and sweet peppers and is finished with a Madeira sauce. Basil pesto whipped potatoes are a recommended accompaniment to this dish - the recipe is also below.
Tenderloin Brochette (makes 10 portions)
Shallots 10 ea.
Herb olive oil 4 Tbsp.
Red wine ¼ cup
Button mushrooms 20 ea.
Mini colored sweet peppers 20 ea.
Filet marinade (see recipe below) 1 ½ cups
Filet Marinade (makes 10 portions)
Soy sauce 1 cup
Herb olive oil 2 cups
1. Combine soy sauce and herb olive oil in a Vita Prep blender mix for 20 seconds on high speed. Place into a container and refrigerate until use. Marinade will keep up to 7 days.
Tenderloin Brochette Preparation:
- Cover 8" bamboo skewers in a container with hot water for 30 minutes.
- Select shallots that are 2" in diameter and 2-3" long. Cut in half lengthwise keeping each half intact. Heat herb oil in a 12" sauté pan over medium heat and lay shallots cut side down in pan. Cook for 6 minutes. Add the wine, cover the pan then cook 4 minutes. Pull off the heat and allow to cool with the lid on.
- Select the largest button mushrooms and clean. Cut off the stem to 1/4" long. Cut filets in half.
- To assemble: Slide rounded side of shallot half onto bamboo skewer leaving 1 1/2" of the skewer on the end. Next add 1 piece of filet, then the mushroom, then the second piece of filet, then finish with the mini sweet pepper. Use a mix of pepper colors.
- Place skewers in pan and pour marinade over the top. Toss brochettes in the marinade a few times for 2-3 hours. Remove the brochettes from the marinade after 24 hours and place in a container to refrigerate until use. Skewers will keep up to 2 days.
Basil Pesto (makes 2 ¼ cups)
Basil leaves 3 oz. (wt.)
Garlic, minced 1 Tbsp.
Parmesan cheese, grated 4 oz. (wt.)
Egg yolks, pasteurized 3 Tbsp.
Lemon juice ¼ cup
Kosher salt 2 tsp.
Ground black pepper 1 tsp.
Pomace olive oil 1 cup
Basil Pesto Preparation:
- Remove the basil leaves, then chop and place in blender with the minced garlic, shredded parmesan cheese, egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix on low speed for 1 minute, scrape the sides of the blender. Then while on speed 1, slowly add in pomace oil until emulsified. Place into a container and refrigerate until use. Pesto will keep up to 3 days.
- Season brochettes with salt and pepper blend. Place pomace oil in a pan on top of broiler then sear brochettes for 2 minutes on each side. Place the brochettes on a metal plate and cook in an oven at 400° for 2 minutes for medium-rare or longer for the desired temperature.
- Mix hot mashed potatoes with pesto in a small bowl then place in the center of a large hot oval plate. Place the first brochette on the potatoes so that the "handle" side of the brochette is elevated off the plate. Prop the second brochette against the first in an "X" pattern to the left of the potatoes. Ladle Madeira sauce over each brochette.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
The nationally acclaimed Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar offers the best in steakhouse dining - prime meats and chops, fresh fish and poultry, generous salads and side orders-with a unique wine list known as the "Fleming's 100" that features 100 wines served by the glass. Fleming's is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards, including Wine Enthusiast's annual Awards of Distinction and Wine Spectator's annual Awards of Excellence. Visit us at www.flemingssteakhouse.com.
Northeast Ohio diners can choose from two locations:
4000 Medina Rd. 28869 Chagrin Boulevard
Akron, OH 44333 Woodmere, OH 44122