CLEVELAND -- A Cleveland Heights man was sentenced to 30 years in prison for seven bank robberies and attempting an eighth last year, according to U.S. Attorney Steve Dettelbach.
Kevin Walcott, 40, previously pleaded guilty to the seven counts of bank robbery and one count of attempted bank robbery in a month-long spree.
He got nearly $13,000 from the robberies on the east side of Cleveland, according to court documents.
The 2012 robberies were:
- Oct. 26: Dollar Bank, 2200 Warrensville Center Road, University Heights, $2,470
- Nov. 1: Ohio Savings Bank, 2066 Lee Road, Cleveland Heights, $690
- Nov. 2: PNC Bank, 10900 Lorain Road, Cleveland, $2,194
- Nov. 5: Citizens Bank, 5710 Mayfield Road, Lyndhurst, $1,021
- Nov. 8: Key Bank, 911 East 185th Street, Cleveland, $3,660
- Nov. 13: Huntington Bank, 920 East 185th Street, Cleveland, $800
- Nov. 15: Huntington Bank, 20601 Fairmount Blvd., Shaker Heights, $2,069
- Attempted: Nov 21: PNC Bank, 20711 Chagrin Blvd. Shaker Heights
Walcott was arrested shortly after the attempted robbery of PNC Bank.
According to court documents, Shaker Heights police found a handwritten note on him that read, in part: "I have a Gun and a Police Radio If I SEE Police or hear the ALARM you Die First If I don't make it out you Die First Give me all your 100.00 Both Drawer's 50.00 20.00 I sEE Bait MonEY 10.00 you Die."