CANTON -- Locally made movie magic will soon sparkle on the silver screen as "Underdogs" makes its Ohio debut.
The film, which is about a small-town high school football team destined to play their rival perennial powerhouse, will open at four Ohio theaters Friday.
EXPANDED COVERAGE: Movies filmed in Northeast Ohio
The closest location to see the film is Cinemark Tinseltown at 4720 Mega Street NW in Canton.
The other theaters showing the film are:
- Lennox 24: 777 Kinnear Road in Columbus.
- Easton Towne Center 30: 275 Easton Towne Center in Columbus.
- Pickerington 17: 1776 Hill Road North in Pickerington.
"Underdogs" was shot throughout Northeast Ohio for several weeks last summer, including local high schools and football fields. It was directed by Canton native Doug Dearth and the cast has several recognizable names:
- William Mapother ('Lost,' 'The Grudge')
- Charles Carver ('Desperate Housewives')
- Logan Huffman ('V' television series)
- Maddie Hasson ('The Finder' television series)
Many local folks are also featured in the film as extras. Multiple casting calls were held so production could find people to portray football players, cheerleaders, fans, etc.
For more information on the movie go to: www.underdogsthemovie.com