LIVE VIDEO: Live on Lakeside    Watch

Summit County: Police ask parents to register graduation parties

8:28 AM, May 3, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

RICHFIELD -- Police departments in Summit County are asking parents to register their graduation parties with the local police departments.

They look at this as an insurance policy for parents and a way to cut back on underage drinking.

The program is voluntary and, by giving your party location and time, officers will up patrol and perform walk-throughs to make sure there are no drugs or alcohol at the party.

Some parents in Copley think it's a great idea and will participate, but Alexandrea Stanton, Copley senior, says, "We're going to drink if we want to drink, no matter where it is."

You can register your party with the Bath, Copley, Fairlawn, or Richfield police departments.


Most Watched Videos