RTA was ready as the snow came down and traffic snarled; RTA may be a wise alternative to driving.
- RTA had extra crews on duty, ready to clean out parking lots at rail stations, HealthLine stations, etc.
- Anticipate delays on the road -- if cars are delayed, so are buses
- Trains are running at this time and RTA will park several trains overnight at Tower City to have them ready for early morning trips Thursday
- 'Snow trains' will run overnight to clear the tracks when passenger trips are not running from 1 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Back-up drivers are ready at the districts
Did you know RTA sends out Commuter Alerts if there are rail delays of more than 10 minutes? Have you signed up?
Sign up for Commuter Alert
The alerts are great for keeping up with Red, Blue and Green Lines