CLEVELAND -- Attorneys have filed the Ariel Castro plea agreement with Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court.
Read the agreement in the attached link.
Among the details:
- Castro will transfer the 2207 Seymour Avenue property to the Cuyahoga County Land Reutilization Corporation
- That protective orders will remain in effect
- That Castro cannot profit from from the commission of these crimes
- Castro will forfeit $22,268.83 in U.S. currency to the land utilization corporation for use in securing and demolishing the property
- Any remaining funds will be turned over to the Cleveland Courage Fund
- Castro pleads guilty to 937 of the 977 counts against him
- Castro will have his family photo albums and personal clothing returned to him
- Castro will never be released from incarceration during the period of his remaining natural life for any reason
- The numerous and multiple 10-year life sentences will be served consecutively
- Castro will be classified as a Sexually Violent Predator and a Tier III sex offender
- Castro will forfeit the Ruger handgun he had in his possession