AKRON -- St. Patrick's Day is still more than a week away, but Akron is getting a jumpstart on the green-filled festivities.
Akron's annual St. Patrick's Day Parade steps off on Main Street (near the Spaghetti Warehouse) at noon on Saturday and goes in the direction toward the Akron Civic Theatre.
As a result of the parade, Akron Police are closing the following streets from noon-1:30 p.m. on Saturday, March 9:
- Main St. northbound between Bartges/Mill
- Main St. southbound between Mill/Cedar
- E. Exchange St. westbound between Broadway/Main
- W. Exchange St. eastbound between Paul Williams/Main
- Buchtel between High/Main
- State St. between Bowery/High - access to the State St. parking deck maintained.
- University between High/Main
- Church between High/Main
- Bowery between Center/Main