Melt Bar & Grill: The Rueben Melt
4:04 PM, Mar 1, 2013
- Buttered Bread - 2 slice
- Corned Beef - 1 portion (6oz cooked & sliced)
- Sour Kraut - 5.5oz (v) portion
- Kraut Spice - 2 tsp. (caraway seeds, coriander & brown sugar)
- Russian Dressing - 4oz (v) portion
- Swiss Cheese - 4 slices (4oz portion)
- Heat sauté pan and add a small amount of oil. When the oil is hot add 1 portion corned beef and sauté for 20 seconds.
- Add sour kraut portion using a 5.5oz ramekin to the pan and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add approximately 2 tsp kraut spice. Sauté for an additional 30 seconds and remove from heat.
- Add 1 portion of Swiss to toasted bread. 2 slices per half
- Add 4oz Russian dressing to sandwich evenly split between both halves
- Add the corned beef and sour kraut mixture to the bread. Evenly distributing on each half.
- Place in the oven open face for 3 minutes.