Photo courtesy of Cedar Point.
SANDUSKY -- Do you love the stage? Are you a fan of being in the spotlight? Cedar Point may have the job for you.
The Sandusky scream park is holding auditions this Friday (Jan. 4) from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. to find fresh talent for their live shows and entertainment.
Three other audition opportunities will be held on Feb. 1, March 1 and April 5 of 2013 from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Available positions include:
- Performers: Singers and dancers.
- Musicians: Fiddle and utility players, electric and acoustic guitars, bass guitars, keyboards, drummers/percussionists, trumpets, trombones, tubas, sousaphones and saxophones.
- Technicians: Stage managers, sound and light technicians, stage crews, ushers, costume shop personnel and dressers.
- Actors: Improvisational and character actors.
- "Peanuts" characters: Costumed characters and escorts.
- Karaoke hosts and DJs.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age to by May 2013 to audition.
Each audition song selection should be limited to 16-32 bars. Applicants should select music that is upbeat and illustrates their personality and ability to interact with audience members. A CD player and piano will be available, but other instruments and amplifiers will not be provided. Interested applicants should bring a one-page resume with references to the audition.
Actors should prepare a 60-second family park appropriate monologue.
Reporting dates run from late April to early September.
Check www.cedarpoint.com/auditions for more details and downloadable songs that can be used for the audition.
Those who cannot audition in person can send audio and/or videotape with a resume to: Cedar Point Live Entertainment, One Cedar Point Drive, Sandusky, OH 44870-5259.
For more information, call the Live Entertainment Division at 419-627-2388, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or online at www.CedarPoint.com/jobs/live-entertainment-auditions.
Cedar Point opens for its 144th season on Saturday, May 11, 2013. New for the season is the GateKeeper winged roller coaster near the park's main entrance.
Photos: GateKeeper coaster construction at Cedar Point