SHAKER HEIGHTS -- The FBI announced the arrest of the man who is suspected in seven bank robberies as he tried to rob his eighth bank.
At about 10:40 a.m. Wednesday, Kevin Wolcott, 39, attempted to rob the PNC Bank located at 20711 Chagrin Boulevard in Shaker Heights, the FBI said.
The FBI said the observant bank employees alerted law enforcement by pressing the bank alarm button while the subject was inside the bank.
Coincidentally, there was a Shaker Heights patrol car near the bank. Police officers quickly apprehended Wolcott and also identified a female assisting him today.
Both individuals, Kevin Wolcott and the female are now in custody in the Shaker Heights Jail.
The FBI says Wolcott is suspected in seven bank robberies and one attempted bank robbery that occurred today.
Those bank robberies include:
- Dollar Bank, 2200 Warrensville Center Road on 10/26/2012
- Ohio Savings Bank, 2066 Lee Road on 11/01/2012
- PNC Bank, 10900 Lorain Road on 11/02/2012
- Citizens Bank, 5710 Mayfield Road on 11/05/2012
- Key Bank, 911 East 185th on 11/08/2012
- Huntington Bank, 920 East 185th Street on 11/13/2012
The suspect is being held in custody by the Shaker Heights Police Department and is expected to be charged in federal court on Monday.