TUSCAN KALE SOUP WITH ROSEMARY OLIVE OIL BAGELS
Prep Time: 30 minutes. Cook Time: 1 hour..but best next day
- A small onion, a small carrot, 1 leek, 2 cloves garlic, a six inch stick of celery-, finely chopped.
- 2 Qt vegetable stock
- 1 cup Great Lakes Dortmunder beer
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 pound (500 g) black leaf kale
- 1/2 pound (250 g) potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cans Cannellini white beans
- Salt, pepper, and a sprig of thyme, rosemary
- 3 ea thinly Rosemary Olive Oil bagels, dried in the oven
- 4 oz Parmesan cheese
- Pinch salt
- Pinch cracked black pepper
- Add the olive oil to a heavy 4 Qt pan
- Heat the pan for 2 minutes then add the chopped carrots, leek, onions, garlic and celery after 2 minutes cover with a lid and sweat off the vegetable until the onions are translucent.
- Add the tomato paste and stir to coat all the veggies with the paste -saute for 2 minutes until quite dry in texture and the tomato is absorbed
- Add herbs, potatoes and stock and the beer -simmer for 30 minutes
- Chop the kale into a fine julienne, add with the beans to the simmering soup.
- Crumbled the rosemary olive oil bagels into the soup, add half the parmesan cheese, stir vigorously and- keep cooking for another 20 minutes.
- Refrigerate overnight and reheat and serve next day.
Rosemary Olive Oil Bagels
- Rosemary Olive Oil Last Nites Bagels
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Set oven at 325º F
- Using day old bagels, cut them into rounds
- Lay on a cookie sheet
- Bake for approx. 12 minutes or until chips until golden brown at the edges.
- Remove from the oven and rub the surface of the toasted bagels with a clove of garlic