I had the opportunity to meet another great family yesterday! A special thank you to Lori and Mike Villanova for inviting us into their home!
Super Bowl Hoagie Dip
* 1 medium onion
* 2 pickled pepperoncini peppers
* 1/2 head iceberg lettuce
* 1 large tomato, halved and seeded
* 1/4 pound deli-sliced genoa salami
* 1/4 pound deli-sliced ham
* 1/4 pound deli-sliced prosciutto
* 1/4 pound deli-sliced roast turkey
* 1/4 pound deli-sliced provolone cheese
* 1/2 cup mayonnaise
* 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
* 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
* 1 10-to-12-inch round loaf Italian bread
* 8 hoagie rolls, cut into pieces, for dipping
Chop the onion, pepperoncini, lettuce, and tomato into bite-size pieces. Dice the meats and cheese.
Combine the chopped vegetables, meats and cheese in a large bowl. Add the mayonnaise, olive oil, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes & stir until everything is all mixed up and tasty. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Carve out the center of the bread loaf to make a bowl (don't cut through the bottom) and cut the scraps into bite-size pieces. Serve the hoagie dip in the bread bowl, with the extra bread and hoagie rolls to scoop it up.