VEGETABLE CURRY STIR-FRY W/ PEAS
½ cup yellow curry paste
½ cup coconut milk
1 cup water
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp granulated garlic
1 tsp sugar
½ tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
1 bay leaf
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside and allow to rest for at least 1 hour.
Vegetable Curry Stir-Fry:
1 cup zucchini, cut into ¼" think coins
1 cup carrot, julienned
½ cup onion, julienned
½ cup peas, thawed
1 tbsp lemongrass, minced
1 tbsp garlic, minced
1 tbsp Thai basil, finely chopped
1 tbsp scallion
2 tbsp cornstarch slurry (equal parts cornstarch & water)
1 tbsp canola oil
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet.
- Sautee the lemongrass and garlic on medium heat until lightly browned.
- Add curry sauce. Turn heat on high and bring to light simmer.
- Add zucchini, carrot and onion and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and add peas, basil and cornstarch slurry.
- Continue to cook until all vegetables are and sauce has thickened to a gravy consistency.
- Top with scallion and serve with steamed rice.
(Serves 2-3 people)