Ingredients (2 crepes)
1/2 cup rice flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup coconut milk
2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp salt
6 medium sized shrimp, raw/peeled
1/4 cup onion, julienne sliced
1/2 cup bean sprouts
2 tbsp mung beans, steamed and cooled
1 cup lettuce, shredded
1/2 cup prepared Vietnamese vinaigrette (containing fish sauce)
- First, make batter by combining rice flour, all purpose flout, water, coconut milk, turmeric and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Sautee 3 shrimp (per crepe) in a medium skillet on medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes. Add onion and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Slowly pour crepe batter into skillet. Keep the amount of batter as thin as possible while partially covering the shrimp and onions.
- Add bean sprouts and mung beans. Cover skillet with a lid and let cook on medium heat approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Remove lid and fold the crepe in half like an omelette.
- Increase heat to medium high and allow crepe to cook on both sides approximately 2-3 minutes until both sides are crispy.
- Serve with shredded lettuce and Vietnamese vinaigrette.