LIVE VIDEO: Live on Lakeside    Watch
 

15 Years, 20,000 people, 1 Cure: The 2008 Northeast Ohio Race for the Cure

4:11 PM, Sep 2, 2008   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

The Race, which supports the breast cancer movement, celebrates survivors and remembers those lost to the disease, including a competitive 5 kilometer (3.1 miles) run along with an untimed 1-Mile Walk. Up to 75 percent of the funds raised locally support innovative outreach and breast cancer programs in Northeast Ohio and the remaining 25 percent funds the Komen for the Cure National Research Grant Program.

This year’s Race offers an exciting new fundraising opportunity, the Northeast Ohio Pink Honor Roll. The top 100 fundraisers will be recognized for their contributions and will receive VIP privileges at the 2009 Race, including t-shirts identifying them as Pink Honor Roll members, recognition on the Komen Northeast Ohio website, an in the Pink Ink newsletter, an invitation to the 2009 Annual Appreciation Event, a 2009 top fundraiser Race bib with a low Race number and an exclusive gift package.

Diane Montville, the 2008 Race chair and a breast cancer survivor, is truly excited about this being the 15th anniversary of the Race. Amazed and at times overwhelmed by the volunteers’ dedication in helping to prepare for race day, Montville encourages everyone, who wants to end breast cancer forever, to register for the Race. Says Montville, “just come down to the Race site and experience the sense of community of caring and support for breast cancer survivors. You can pledge at any level, all of which will help find a cure to end breast cancer.”

This year’s Race for the Cure takes place September 13th at Malls B and C in downtown Cleveland. The survivor ceremony begins at 8:00 a.m. and the competitive Race at 9:15 a.m. If you are interested in registering, volunteering or to become a Pink Honor Roll member, visit www.komenneohio.org

WKYC-TV

Most Watched Videos