WKYC-TV is currently accepting applications for a full-time Multimedia Journalist.
PRINCIPAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Shoot, write, edit and report stories for daily newscasts.
- Enterprise stories and package ideas.
- Deliver live stories and packages from remote locations and in studio.
- Produce daily content for website and social media platforms.
- Work with desk on follow-up
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years medium market television news reporting experience.
- "Live" on scene reporting experience
- Strong writing skills, web and social media skills, outstanding news judgment, excellent communication and people skills, strong shooting and editing skills.
- Ability to enterprise story ideas
- Strong live/breaking news skills
- Broad knowledge of Cleveland area issues and news contacts is a plus.
- Must work quickly and efficiently in rapidly changing broadcast environment
- Degree in Journalism or relevant major.
- Must have valid driver's license.
Interviews will be by appointment only. To be considered a candidate for an opening at WKYC - you must complete the online application through the link for this position. (Found at: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=20046&company=Gannett&username)
Please include any online links to your work as well. Paper resumes or any electronic resumes received that does not come through the online application process will not be considered part of the applicant pool. If you do need to send video/dvds in addition to the online application - please send to:
Brennan Donnellan, News Director
1333 Lakeside Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44114
WKYC-TV IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER