More hurricane and tropical storm news
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
800 AM EDT MON OCT 20 2014
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
1. An area of low pressure located over the extreme southwestern
Bay of Campeche continues to produce showers and thunderstorms.
This system has some potential to become a tropical cyclone during
the next two to three days while it moves slowly eastward to
east-northeastward, before it interacts and possibly merges with a
frontal system towards the end of the week.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.
2. A large non-tropical low is located over the far eastern Atlantic
Ocean a few hundred miles southeast of the Azores. This system is
producing gale-force winds and could gradually acquire some
subtropical characteristics during the next few days while it
moves slowly westward over relatively warm waters. Additional
information on this system can be found in High Seas Forecasts
issued by Meteo France.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...30 percent.
High Seas Forecasts issued by Meteo France can be found under WMO
header FQNT50 LFPW.
Last updated at: 10/20/2014 8:21:01 AM ET
Weather Maps and Conditions
Current Conditions Around Northeast Ohio
Channel 3 Weather Forecast and Almanac
Interactive and Sector Radars
Northeast Ohio Current Conditions
Regional and National Conditions
The Europe storm death toll has risen to 15 after Danish police say a driver was killed when he crashed into a tree knocked down by violent gusts.